Indian Oil and Gas Canada
Excellence in managing First Nation oil and gas resources.
Indian Oil and Gas Canada (IOGC) manages and regulates oil and gas resources on designated First Nation lands. We are a special operating agency within Indigenous Services Canada. Our dual mandate is to fulfill the Crown's fiduciary and statutory obligations related to the management of oil and gas resources on First Nation lands and to further First Nation initiatives to manage and control their oil and resources (i.e., governance).
- Liability Reduction Program Support (June 2021)
- Reminder: May 31, 2021 Gas Cost Allowance (GCA) Submission Deadline
- Information Letter - Representation to Minister (February 2021)
- Information Letter - Filing of 2020 actual and 2021 estimated Gas Cost Allowance (GCA) applications (January 2021)
- IOGC COVID-19 updates (last update October 2020)
Services and information
Learn more about IOGC.
IOGC's annual reports.
Find out which acts and regulations apply on First Nation lands designated for oil and gas.
Information on our business units, electronic services, application processes, forms, information letters, guidelines, policies and IOGC contacts.
Come work with us.
Find out more about how we are supporting First Nations and industry in reducing oil and gas liabilities.